Teen Advisory Board
First meeting: Monday, June 26th, 5:30-6:30 pm, Teen Space
In Teen Advisory Board, you will meet with our Youth Services Librarian Sarah to:
Help plan programs for you, your friends, and the teens of Bristol. Tell Sarah what you want for programs, and she’ll make it happen. 🙂
Suggest books, video games, manga, and more that you want to see in the library!
Get volunteer hours, have more say in your library, and help the community! Free pizza at every meeting!
TAB will meet on the last Monday of every month, unless the library is closed. No registration is needed, come when you can. Ages 11-18.
Tech Volunteers Needed
Hey Teens, Rogers Free Library is looking for volunteers to become Tech Tutors! This is a great opportunity to help out the library, meet other teens and get some of your volunteer hours out of the way for your graduation.
We are looking for tech-savvy individuals to tutor our patrons, who may be technologically impaired, and help them establish basic technology skills. You will be trained in tutoring by one of our department heads. Sessions will be one-on-one with patrons, once a week on Tuesdays from 3-6 pm during our Tech Tutors Drop-In Sessions.
Ages 13 & up.
Assist Patrons with:
- Basic computer, tablet, and phone skills such as sending group messages and accessing files.
- Email skills, like setting up email on a phone, forwarding messages, and sending attachments.
- Social media tools. For example creating a business profile and using the marketplace.
- Downloading e-books
- Printing remotely using the library’s PrinterOn app.
- Setting up a new tablet, smartphone, or laptop.
- Basic knowledge of smartphones, internet browsing, emails, social media, and eReaders.
- A commitment of one semester of volunteering.
- Applicants must be 14 or older, or entering 9th grade.
Book Reviews for Volunteer Hours
Need volunteer hours, but don’t have time to come into the library? Email Miss Sarah with your name and a book review, and you’ll get one hour of volunteer work for each review you send!
Please email Miss Sarah (email@example.com) if you are interested, or visit the Children’s Room if you can!
Volunteer for Summer Reading Programs
Looking to get involved in the community while having fun? Come volunteer at our Summer Reading Program! There are different events each week we will need help with, including:
- Summer Reading Kickoff Party (Thursday, July 6th, 2023, 3-7 pm)
- Crafts for Children (Every Tuesday, 11 am- 12 pm)
- Video Game Hour (Every Tuesday, 3:30-4:30 pm)
- & more!
Please email Miss Sarah (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
Ages 10 & up.
Please email Sarah Griffin at email@example.com if interested, or if you have any questions.