Conversational Portuguese for Advanced Beginners
Classes will meet twice a week for 4 weeks starting March 7. Participants must be able to attend both Tuesday and Thursday classes each week. Limited to 20 participants. Please RSVP here: Conversational Portuguese for Advanced Beginners
This course is for students who took part in our Introduction to Conversation Portuguese classes at RFL in 2022 and learned biographical information AND/OR those who already have a basic understanding of the language. By the end of this course you will be able to communicate the following:
1) Discuss likes and dislikes and preferences
2) Describe their town, home and surroundings
3) Ask for and give information including directions, the time, and the prices of items
4) Students will be able to describe ailments and symptoms in regards to their health. This includes learning some body parts.
5) Students will learn how to invite someone to an event.
6) Students will learn how to give a congratulatory message and message of condolences.
Culture: Art-Domingos Rebelo, TIles, Manueline style Arquitecture
Culture: Music-Fado from Portugal, Samba from Brazil and Morna from Cape Verde.
Culture: The University of Coimbra and its Tunas. (part of the Music category.
(Subjects may change depending on the interests of the group)
If you want to be added to our waitlist, please sign up HERE. This list will also be used to contact interested language learners if we hold additional Portuguese classes in the future!
Borrow a Book in Portuguese
The library holds an extensive collection of books in Portuguese. Some books can be borrowed with your library card, others are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are borrowed on the honor system. These books are located on the second floor of the library. Take a right after the computers on the main level and a left at the end of the stacks, you will find all the foreign language books on the left-hand side. Click the image to the left for more information.
Mango Languages Online
Provided by our friends at AskRI.
Here are some Portuguese language YouTube channels recommended by local instructors. These offer practice, lessons and other learning opportunities: