Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints explores opposing sides of the most important issues and is designed to empower learners to develop information literacy and critical thinking skills.
Find credible sources for both sides of social and political issues. Global warming, the minimum wage, the effects of junk food—there’s no shortage of debatable topics in the national conversation. Finding the most trustworthy information and insights can bolster any side of an issue, but it can also be time consuming. With over 20,000 pro/con viewpoints, approximately 19,000 reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more, users will be prepared to argue any side of the issue.
While some content is geared toward high school students, this resource is helpful to users of all ages.
• Visit link.gale.com/apps/OVIC?u=askripub56 OR click “DIG IN” on the image above.
• Enter your RFL issued library card barcode number. It should start with 22299…
No library card needed when using the database on RFL computers or while using the “Bristol Public” wi-fi inside the library.
• Begin learning!
If you have a library card from another town and would like access to this resource, we encourage you to get an updated card at our Main Circulation Desk. Updated cards cost $1.
If you do not have a library card from Rogers Free Library, apply at oslri.org/card-app/ and select Bristol as your home library.
You are eligible for a Rogers Free Library card, even if you live in Warren! Just apply online or come into the library to start using Opposing Viewpoints.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)